HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT.
ACTING DIRECTOR: MOHAMMED ABARSHI
The department provides human and material management services to other departments and NIHOTOUR as a whole. Management’s basic job is the effective utilization of human resources for the achievement of organizational goal/ objectives. It is through the combined efforts of Human Resources or personnel that Technological, Financial, Physical and all other resources are utilized. Without human efforts, no organization can achieve its objectives. It is therefore then function of administration and supplies department to ensure that the right quality and quantity of human resource and materials to work with are provided, controlled, managed and cared for with a view to achieving the organizational goals of NIHOTOUR.
Having done these, the department is equally charged with the following management functions:
- Human Resource Management deals with formulating and ensuring compliance with polices, practices and programme designed to maximize the effective utilization of human and material resources for the achievement of both personal and organizational goal.
- It is through human efforts that raw material, technology, finances, and other resources are utilized.
Corporate objectives of the Human Resource Management Department.
- To help the Institute attain its goals by attracting and retaining the required talent through effective human resources planning, recruitment, selection, placement, orientation, compensation and promotion policies.
- To enhance job satisfaction and self actualization of employees by encouraging and assisting every employee to realize his/her full potential.
- Maintaining sound industrial and human relations so as to secure the willing cooperation of all through disciplinary procedure whereby all parties knows their rights, privileges and live within the confines of rules and regulations.
- To ensure smooth and efficient operation of all activities of the Institute through the procurement and maintenance of material resources, logistic support in a safe & conducive environment.