The Director General of the National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism (NIHOTOUR) has been chosen by members of the Tourism 100 Club and the Publishers of Travellers Magazine as the Tourism CEO of the Year’. The award is one of the four awards on ‘Travel and Tourism Personalities of 2021’ instituted by Ambassador Ikechi Uko, the publisher of the prestigious Travellers Magazine.
Some of the points used in scoring the Director General for the awards include
- Holding tourism developmental events and cognate trainings all over the country
- Increasing Nigerian Government’s involvement in Tourism administration in 2021.
- Proactive partnership with Tourism business operators and Associations in Nigeria
- The set-up of the Hospitality and Tourism Sector Skill Council of Nigeria
- Opening up new physical campuses for NIHOTOUR Tourism and Hospitality Training
- Leading and anchoring the observance of the United Nations World Tourism Day (WTD) 2021 in Nigeria
The Turakin Kebbi, Nura Sani Kangiwa, was appointed on 1st September 2020 as the substantive Director General of NIHOTOUR, the apex hospitality and tourism training institute in Nigeria and West Africa.