The general objective of NIHOTOUR is to consolidate and strengthen the Tourism industry. Training focus and development policy will be towards job creation and self employment. The need to widen the operation base and providing labour for the industry led to the establishment of a campus of NIHOTOUR in Osogbo. While NIHOTOUR has objectives that are common to all campuses, each campus of the Institute, in line with uniqueness and specialization of the catchment area, has its own scope of training services. The Osogbo campus of NIHOTOUR was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in collaboration with Osun State government with effect from March, 2008. The temporary office of NIHOTOUR, Osogbo is located at Unity School Compound, Testing ground area, Osogbo.
AVAILABLE COURSES AT OSOGBO CAMPUS OF NIHOTOUR
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in International Travel & Tourism (IATA/UFTAA)
- Advance Diploma in Hotel Operations & Mgt.
- Cookery & Pastry Practice: Cookery & Pastry Practice (CPP) programme is a six month professional certificate programme designed to equip the participants with various skills in cookery and pastry. You are what you eat, so says the wise. Presenting a hygienic, clean, safe and delicious food or pasta is a necessity for every food hotelier or caterer. So in acquiring these, skills, courses like: Cookery (with practical), Pastry (with practical), simple nutrition & hygiene, catering calculation, and English Language are what make up the programme.
- Basic Hygiene Practices for Food Handlers: Guests are not to eat only delicious meal but delicious, clean and safe food. So this course will equip participants with various hygiene measures needed to prepare hygienic food
- Preparation of Local & Continental Dishes for Various Events
- Snacks, Cake Making and Decoration.
At the end of these programmes:
- PGD Certificate will equip the candidate for Tourism and Hospitality establishment. It can also be used for further studies.
- Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills in cookery and pastry practice which is one of the key factors for the productivity of catering establishments and hospitality industry.
- Self Employment: Graduates can be self employed, having their own catering establishment, restaurants and hotels.
Holders of SSCE/GCE/NECO and other higher degree of certificate will be offered admission.
MODE OF STUDY
Full-time and Part-time along tern pattern
NABTEB/WAHEB and IATA as applicable to each course
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms are obtainable at the students’ affairs division NIHOTOUR Osogbo campus. Application fees are: PGD
N3, 000.00 others are N1, 500.00 at the centre.
The centre is National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism (NIHOTOUR) Unity School Compound, opposite Osogbo city stadium, Osogbo, Osun state.
All participants must prepare for a selection interview.
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: Inside Osun State Unity School, Opposite Osogbo City Stadium, Osogbo
HEAD OF CAMPUS: Dr. Tijani Nasiru, 08036828511, E-MAIL: email@example.com